Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sloppy HuffPo writer Clarence B. Jones smears me

Clarence B. Jones, allegedly a Scholar in Residence at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Research and Education Institute at Stanford University, really should be more careful when writing.

This individual wrote at the Huffington Post on May 28:
The conservative columnist Mathew [sic] Vadum put all of the above in political election perspective for 2012. He writes, registering minorities [sic] "to vote is like handing out burglary tools to criminals."
Oh yeah? Where did I write that?

I never wrote such a thing. In the article Jones links to about taxpayer-supported registration of welfare recipients I used the quoted phrase in arguing that registering the poor to vote themselves more benefits was an antisocial act, which in fact it is. I never wrote anything about race.

This is a disgraceful smear.

He also spelled my first name as "Mathew" which is incorrect.

I demand a correction from Jones and the Huffington Post.


No comments:

Post a Comment