Thursday, October 27, 2011

FoxNews.com hypes story about ACORN involvement in Occupy Wall Street that I had weeks ago

FoxNews.com has been promoting an "exclusive" story that reiterates what I previously reported.

The story by Jana Winter is titled EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement.

To be clear, Winter's story is a good one. She has put a lot of meat on the bones but I had the story first.

Winter reports that
The former New York office for ACORN, the disbanded community activist group, is playing a key role in the self-proclaimed “leaderless” Occupy Wall Street movement, organizing “guerrilla” protest events and hiring door-to-door canvassers to collect money under the banner of various causes while spending it on protest-related activities, sources tell FoxNews.com.
The former director of New York ACORN, Jon Kest, and his top aides are now busy working at protest events for New York Communities for Change (NYCC). That organization was created in late 2009 when some ACORN offices disbanded and reorganized under new names after undercover video exposes prompted Congress to cut off federal funds.
I already reported on Kest and NYCC's involvement in Occupy Wall Street on Oct. 6. I also reported on Oct. 13 on the involvement of the ACORN front group, Working Families Party, in organizing Occupy Wall Street.

Winter's story relies on my reporting. An acknowledgement of my research would have been nice.

(I will ignore for the time being the catty, largely supercilious remarks on the FoxNews.com article by my friend David Weigel of Slate. It must have been Condescend to a Conservative Day at Slate.)


* * * * *


Americans need to know that ACORN is restructuring in time to help re-elect President Obama in 2012. Obama used to work for ACORN and represented the group in court as its lawyer. These radical leftists who use the brutal, in-your-face, pressure tactics of Saul Alinsky want to destroy America as we know it and will use any means to do it.

Buy my book Subversion Inc. at Amazon and in Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million bookstores. Visit the Subversion Inc. Facebook page. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment